This post may contain affiliate links.
Healthy and filled with vitamins and minerals, this green broccoli detox smoothie will fit in any diet. Try it today!
Broccoli in smoothie
Never thought of putting broccoli in your smoothie? I have great news for you! If you add enough sweeteners and combine broccoli with your favorite fruits (broccoli-banana or broccoli-pineapple combo for example), the smoothie will come our delicious.
Does broccoli tastes good in smoothies?
It does! You will definitely taste the raw broccoli in the smoothie, make sure you like that taste before making the smoothie. Or, as an option, add more sweeteners that are listed in the ingredient list, or more banana.
Smoothie will still have a light broccoli aftertaste, but first you need to think about how many benefits that smoothie brings to your body! How many vitamins!
Green broccoli smoothie benefits
- Use this recipe as a part of your diet, weight lose journey or post workout snack. Also great for kids ( i added less broccoli and more banana in my kids smoothie and they loved it).
- Broccoli is high in many nutrients like fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, iron and potassium.
- Broccoli is also a fantastic source of protein ( compare to other veggies). So Broccoli detox smoothie has it all!
- Beside that, look at this gorgeous color!
Can you use frozen broccoli in a smoothie?
Yes you can. There is really no difference between frozen and fresh broccoli when it comes to adding to a smoothie. Make sure to blend well!
I love broccoli smoothies. You can play with ingredients to make sure it fits your taste. I like it the way it is, but you can always add more pineapple or more banana. Or even add an apple! Why not?
You will love my other smoothie recipes!
- Oat breakfast smoothie-dairy free!
- Superfood Mango smoothie
- Watermelon smoothie with lime-so refreshing!
- Post workout smoothie
- Matcha green smoothie
Looking for more healthy recipes? Try my Almond pulp cookies– so healthy, and with the step by step video!
Looking to lose some weight? Try this Green tea with ginger from my blog. So refreshing!
Broccoli detox smoothie
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets (chopped)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk (use a milk of choice )
- 1/2 tspn flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tspn bee pollen (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend!
- Pour in glass and decorate with some frozen strawberries if you like
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.