This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #WorldCupParty #CollectiveBias
Juicy aromatic salmon dill burger paired with spicy lime infused refreshing aioli and crunchy sweet potato fries with creamy avocado dipping sauce.
The summer is here and everybody is craving a nice juicy burger! We plan to make a lot of burgers and grilling in the next few weeks because… drum roll… 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP is coming!
What is even more exciting, that this beautiful celebration of a beautiful game of soccer is taking place in Russia this year. It is a country where i was born and where i grew up. My entire family still lives there and we are happy to visit them every year.
But this year is special. What could be better then getting together with your family to share your favorite drinks and to cheer for your national team?
Coca-Cola® is widely popular in Russia and you can find people sipping on it a lot while watching the soccer game. We love to relax and have a good time while watching a game, even though, our national team is not playing very well most of the time. Cheering is about believing in your team. Cheering is about celebrating the game and the people who watch it with you. #WorldCupParty
A fantastic way to celebrate World Cup is to make a juicy salmon burger and to pair it with coke! I stopped by Target the other day and EASILY picked a Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar with my preferred name. For sure it will be more fun to watch the game while sipping coke with the “Teammate” or “America” on it. Perfect! #CollectiveBias
How to make a perfect salmon burger.
- First of all make sure that the salmon is very fresh. It should have a nice crisp fresh smell.
- Then prepare your fresh dill (don’t use dry dill if you can). Use as much as you want
- I like to use Panko crumbs. Regular breadcrumbs will work too but i believe they are making a burger a bit dry
- Buns. My favorite are brioche buns or at least with sesame seeds on top
- Instead of just mayo use spicy aioli, check for the recipe below.
- Make sure tomatoes are ripe and juicy.
- Grab a coke to share with a friend and to pair with your burger.
All the ingredients are fresh and delicious. Avocado and tomato are ripe and ready for the party!
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, form a patty and leave it in the fridge for the flavors to set. Cook on a medium heat, don’t overcook!
Meanwhile don’t forget to make your sweet potato fries! Its a very easy a delicious side dish and a little twist on a classic fries.
And of course, dips and sauces are very important for a great soccer watching party. They are incredibly easy to make and oh so easy to eat! Add more sriracha if you prefer your spicy aioili more spicy.
Lime adds an amazing citrus note to the sauce.
Also try my delicious Air fryer hamburger recipe, so juicy!
Salmon burgers with spicy aioli and sweet potato fries with avocado dipping sauce.
For salmon burgers
- 1 lb fresh salmon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- mixed greens or lettuce, tomato and two hamburger buns
For spicy aioli
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (add more if you like it more spicy)
- juice of one lime
- freshly ground black pepper
For sweet potato fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- freshly grouns pepper
- pinch of salt
Creamy avocado dip
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash and skin salmon fillets and check for bones. Place them in to your food processor and pulse a few times. Add panko. dill, lemon zest, salt, pepper, mayo and pulse couple times more. Form large patties and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel sweet potato and cut into sticks 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long ( about a regular fries size). Mix with olive oil and oregano. Add salt and pepper. Place into the baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Get salmon patties out of the fridge. Add some olilve oil on a medium size skillet and cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- How to make aioli- stir all the ingredients and thats it!
How to make avocado dip- mash avocado and stir with yogurt, salt and pepper. Pour into a small bowl
- How to assemble a burger. Toast both buns. Spread them with spicy aioli. On the bottom bun- add mixed greens, salmon patty, one or two slices of juicy tomato and then the top bun. Serve with sweet pototo fries and avocado dip on the side.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN ME:)