In this recipe you will learn how to cook red bean with sausage in your instant pot! Easy and quick dinner in about 30 minutes. Warm cajun spices make this pressure cooker dish absolutely amazing.
I tried this red beans and sausage in my instant pot last weekend. The dish was AMAZING.
No more long soaking the beans and all day cooking, everything is ready in just around 30 minutes! For this recipes i used smoked sausage, it paired with Cajun spices perfectly.
Beside the sausage and beans, i added celery, green pepper and onion to the dish. It added an extra flavor and extra texture.
For kids, i mixed these beans and sausage with cooked white rice, but my husband and i just ate it as is. The dish has a little spice kick so not all kids will find it cool.
How to cook red beans in the instant pot
Usually beans take long time to cook on a stove. It can take the whole day! In the pressure it will take you a little over 30 minutes, 37 to be exact.
I tried to cook red beans for 30 minutes but it was still a bit hard and chewy, so i extended the time by 7 minutes and it was absolutely perfect!
No soaking is required, Just add rinsed beans into your instant pot, add Cajun spices , plenty of water (see recipe) and cook.
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Instant Pot cabbage and sausage recipe
- The best Instant pot pork tacos
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta
- Quick and easy Instant Pot beef stroganoff
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot collard greens with bacon
Are you a true Instant Pot fan? I have over 50 Instant pot recipes just for you! Delicious!
Instant Pot red beans and sausage
- 1 lb dried red beans rinsed
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 2 tbson cajun seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cups water
- Simply add all the prepared ingredients to your instant pot and stir. Close the lid and lock. Set on MANUAL for 37 minutes. Quick release once done
- Carefully open the lid and plate your dinner. You can use a slotted spoon to leave all the liquid in the pot.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.