This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Lovely delicious Greek chicken kabobs made in the oven! Juicy tender pieces of marinated chicken breasts will make you fall in love with this dish. Great flavors combined in one delicious meal!
MyWW green plan 5 points, blue plan 2 points, purple 2 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
It is amazing to be able to cook kebobs in the oven when you don’t have an access to the grill (or when you do but its cold and rainy outside). The key for a fantastic flavorful chicken is …marinade!
Make sure to marinate your chicken for as long as you can wait. 🙂 I marinated chicken breast in some Mediterranean flavors overnight and oh my, how juicy and tender it was!
Do you like grocery shopping? I do! Even when i go shopping with both of my little kids, it still can be fun.
Sometimes stores have those little kiddie carts that are just their size! How amazing! My children love them, and it amazes me how creative they get when it comes to picking your own food and putting it into your own little basket or cart.
Chicken is the most popular protein option for most people. Foster Farms just made shopping for chicken a lot easier – and more fun – with DORI™ a new interactive, on-package QR code on all packages of Foster Farms fresh chicken.
New iOS 11 and Android updates make scanning savings easier than ever. No app download is required, simply open your camera on your iPhone or Android device to scan and save.
Scan the new DORI™ QR code for exclusive coupons, hundreds of original recipes using Foster Farms chicken, a map of Foster Farms’ local California and Pacific Northwest chicken ranches, savings, and more. How great and time saving is that, guys!
I usually prefer to buy chicken thighs for most of my recipes, but this time i went for the leaner option-chicken breast. My husband loves this kind of meat and will prefers it over anything else. Plus it’s just couple months before holiday season and i want everything to be a little bit more healthy.
By the way this is not my original recipe. I recreated the recipe I found scanning the Foster Farms DORI™ QR code – they have so many recipes to choose from!
How to make perfect chicken kebabs.
- The first and one of the most important part is to get right skewers. For the oven option i use 12 inch metal skewers, so they are fitting nicely inside my baking tray.
- Great local chicken. My town ( Tracy, California) has a fantastic variety of stores where i can purchase local delicious Foster Farms chicken, especially now with a DORI™ label. Come and meet DORI™ to scan the QR code and get great deals.
- Marinate! Don’t skip this step because you will be reworded with fantastic and flavorful chicken.
- Right sauce or dip. In this recipe I used yogurt based refreshing dip – that also can be used as a spread for pita!
More about pita. You can beautifully convert kabob leftovers to Greek-style pita toppings! Just spread the sauce on pita and add chopped kabob chicken meat on top. Don’t forget those tomatoes and some green onions on top.
Greek chicken kabobs
- 2 tspn finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tbsp lemon juice plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tspn salt divided
- 1/4 tspn ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 oz plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
- 4 Greek pita flatbread
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray, set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon peel, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oregano, oil, garlic, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken; toss to coat. Thread chicken and tomatoes onto six to eight long skewers. Place skewers in the prepared baking pan; drizzle with any remaining lemon mixture. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once halfway through broiling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
- Remove chicken and tomatoes from skewers. To serve, spread yogurt mixture on flatbreads. Top with chicken and tomatoes.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
gate io kyc
Wednesday 22nd of March 2023
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I'll keep an eye out for your answers.
Wednesday 17th of October 2018
This looks absolutely delicious! I agree that marinating the chicken makes all the difference in the world and having them come out moist on an oven baked kabob is amazing. Love the idea about the QR code too. I wish more companies would start that instead of having to check off which coupons you want prior to shopping.
Wednesday 17th of October 2018
These are great. I can eat them right off the skewer and my daughter can have them on pita.