Your favorite fettuccine Alfredo recipe without that extra calories. Easy, delicious and your kids will love it too.
What will happen when you decide to combine delicious meatballs and fettuccine Alfredo ? A great family dinner!
What makes it skinny? I substitute cream with just regular milk and add a bit less cheese to the dish. Easy!
Also try this delicious recipes:
- Butternut squash kale linguine
- Beef stir-fry with asparagus
- Glazed meatloaf with sweet potatoes and green beans
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo with meatballsServings: 5 peopleCalories: 540kcal
For skinny fettuccini alfredo
- 1 cup milk low fat or regular
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tspn flour
- 8 oz Fettuccine dry, then cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or just regular breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tspn garlic salt
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pinch a small lump of meat and form a ball using your hands. When all the meatballs have been shaped, fry them on medium- high in about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan until golden brown in color on both sides. Transfer meatballs to the plate( they will be still raw in the middle)
- To the same pan add minced garlic and butter and let it cook for a minute. Add in the flour and cook, stirring ,for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, for couple minutes.
- Add meatballs back in to the pan an cook on low for about 7 minutes.
Add cooked fettuccine and stir carefully.
- Divide among bowls and top with parmesan, chopped cilantro and pepper.
NotesFor the meat you also can use turkey, pork, chicken... I like combination of beef and turkey. Instead of bread crumbs you can use a single piece of sliced bread soaked in milk
NutritionCalories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6.2% | Vitamin C: 1.2% | Calcium: 21.7% | Iron: 17.5%
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe