This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Fast and easy breakfast potato cakes for your morning meal. Made out of simple ingredients and take no more than 20 min to make!
Potato cakes in general is a very filling dish. It will definitely help you not to feel hungry till lunch.
Also great for a school lunch or breakfast box! We like to eat it with some sour cream …and more sour cream. Honestly when my kids eat potato cakes, they end up eating more sour cream than potatoes)))
Try this easy recipes for you weekend family breakfast- you will not be disappointed !
You will also like this recipes:
Easy breakfast potato cakes
- 4 potatoes any kind
- 1/2 onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- oil for frying
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped cilantro
- Peel potatoes. Grate them along with the onion on your grater. Put the mixture in to a paper towel and slightly squeeze. You don't have to let all the liquid go, but most of it.
- Place potato-onion mixture in to the bowl. Add an egg and flour, about 1/3 tspn salt and some freshly ground pepper. Mix very well.
- Cook just like you would cook a pancake- spoon the mixture on a heated oiled pan, fry on each side for about 3 minutes on a medium-high heat until gold in color.
- Place cooked potato cakes on a paper towel to absorb that extra oil.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.