Your new favorite delicious chocolate banana yogurt waffles. Try this easy recipe for your next weekend family breakfast!
If you want to add a bit of nutty flavor, instead of cacao powder add 1 tbsp of your favorite chocolate nut spread ( Nutella?). Or you can just top your waffles with Nutella for an extra chocolate boost.
I like to top my chocolate banana yogurt waffles with some fresh squeezed lime juice, strawberry jam( from local farmer!) and some sour cream- totally a Russian thing:)
Another great waffles recipe on my site is Pumpkin waffles!
Chocolate banana yogurt waffles
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 1bsp honey
- 1 tspn coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder or nutella
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mash banana in a bowl with a fork. Add egg, milk, yogurt, honey, oil and Nutella(if using). Mix well
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
Stir dry ingredients into the wet mixture just to combine.
- Cook according to your waffle maker instructions.
- Top with Nutella, jam, maple syrup... greek yogurt or sour cream! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
You will also like this recipes: