This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Juicy beef mixed with caramelized mushrooms, onions and delicate blue cheese wrapped in delicious braided flaky puff pastry- all this is beef blue cheese braided puff pastry!
All these holidays and Christmas trees, early shopping and ice rinks(we have one 20 minutes away!) can be overwhelming . Planning, menus, guests… you name it!
How about getting a break and treat yourself with some quick savory deliciousness? Taking just 30 minutes to make, this beef blue cheese braided puff pastry will comfort you in the best way.
The best time to eat a piece of braid is when its still warm, but the best time to slice is when already chilled. You decide! I sliced it when it was still warm and crumbly, but the best flavor is truly right out of the oven !
Salemville® award-winning blue-veined cheeses are crafted in the heart of Wisconsin, America’s Dairyland. Salemville® cheeses are renowned for their smooth, earthy flavor that perfectly accentuates burgers, salads and cheese plates. The line’s rich and creamy texture is dotted with gorgeous veining and serves as the perfect counterpart to dessert wines.
GIVEAWAY! (UPDATE: FINISHED)
Salemville® cheese wants to inspire you to slow down for the holidays with a special holiday giveaway. Now through December 31st, you can enter to win a grill smoker valued at $1,000.
Beef blue cheese braided puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees . Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and coconut(or any other) spray.
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes. until fully cooked and browned. Add cilantro
- Spread puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet. Cut out thick strips of pastry horizontally on each side. Put the beef mixture in the middle of the pastry dough. Braid the strips. (see pictures)
- Whisk an egg and brush the braid (egg wash).
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool a bit before cutting, sprinkle with more chopped cilantro.