Easy, ready in 30 minutes, this BBQ Air fryer chicken wings are great for a party and for a family dinner! Crunchy wings dipped in your favorite sauce- what could be better?
Our Air Fryer cooking journey is getting better and better. Who doesn’t like chicken wings? Crunchy, juicy, flavorful wings made with BBQ sauce? My kids absolutely loved them, they are keep asking for more every day!
How to make air fryer chicken wings
There is no really secret of cooking perfect air fryer chicken wings, but i will still follow up with some tips:
- Make sure the air fryer is preheated properly. It usually takes just a few minutes.
- Try to buy local fresh chicken wings from the store or butcher you trust
- Dont overcrowd the basket of Air Fryer. If you decided to make a lot of wings at once, cook them in batches
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce
- If you want your wings extra crispy- cook for additional 3 minutes
- Serve with Ranch dressing and cut up celery or carrot (or both:)
Wash chicken and place in one layer in to your Air Fryer basket. Cook for 15 -20 minutes, shaking a few times though the cooking.
This is how chicken wings look cooked half way
Now they are done and delicious!
Place all your cooked wings in to large bowl. Add BBQ sauce and mix it well, making sure all wings are covered in sauce. We dont like it too saucy , but you can absolutely add more BBQ.
How to make frozen chicken wings in air fryer
You can cook absolutely everything in the Air Fryer from frozen! For chicken wings you will just need to add 5 extra minutes of cooking time with 400 degrees. They will come out just as juicy and tender as if they would be from fresh chicken wings.
Want more fantastic air fryer recipes?
Try this delicious family friendly meals that are so easy and take no time to make!
Make sure to check on this Must Have Air Fryer Accessories list!
Air Fryer chicken wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1/8 teapoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- black pepper to taste
- ranch and celery sticks for serving
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry chicken wings, add garlic powder. Place them in to the basket of air fryer, spreading out evenly on the bottom.
- Cook for 15 minutes, shaking twice or 3 times. Add another 3 minutes for an extra crispy skin.
- Once they are done, transfer wings in to a bowl and add BBQ sauce. Mix well.
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Nutrition is calculated without celery and ranch dressing
Nutrition FactsAir Fryer chicken wings Amount Per Serving Calories 197 Calories from Fat 90 % Daily Value*Fat 10g15%Saturated Fat 2g10%Cholesterol 47mg16%Sodium 411mg17%Potassium 178mg5%Carbohydrates 14g5%Sugar 11g12%Protein 11g22%Vitamin A 170IU3%Vitamin C 0.7mg1%Calcium 19mg2%Iron 0.8mg4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Next time we will have friends over, i will know what to cook to please the crowd. Even if friends are already in your house, believe me, from taking wings out of freezer to actually serving them will be exactly 30 minutes! How amazing is that! So time saving and no oil involved!
Air fryer is a fantastic tool hands down. Healthy oil free recipes ready in no time!