This post may contain affiliate links.
Juicy tender beef ribs perfectly cooked in your smoker! I used electric smoker for this recipe, used a flavorful rub and slowly smoked till perfection. Fall of the bone ribs recipe for your Masterbuilt, Traeger or any charcoal smoker!
How to make a rub
Rub for this smoked ribs is very simple. I dont like to use lots of ingredients in my rub, just a few will do the work- onion powder, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, paprika.
The spices flavor will not be overwhelming and at the same time beef ribs will get a nice spice touch.
Its very easy to use electric smoker for all your meat. Its convenient and works as well as charcoal smoker.
When i was buying electric smoker, i was deciding between Traeger and Masterbuilt. They both do the job well, but i went with the cheaper one. Masterbuilt is more affordable.
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees
- you want to place ribs fat side down in to your electric smoker, to make sure that extra fat will drip down.
- Cooking time is about 2-3 hours. They are not going to falling of the bone really, but that’s how we like it
- Serve it with your favorite side dish!
Do you trim the fat off beef short ribs
If ribs come with a lot of fat, like the one showed on the fat, you really want to trim it. It makes rib meat so fatty , it makes it hard to eat to enjoy.
So i prefer to trim the fat, but make sure to leave some on, it will help to prevent meat from drying out.
Try my other smoker recipes readers love!
- Smoked chicken wings
- Hot smoked salmon
- Smoked brisket-so juicy!
- Smoked whole chicken
- Smoked baby back ribs-VIDEO!
- Applewood smoked turkey breast
Stay tuned with my constantly updated electric smoker recipes page!New smoker recipe every week!
Smoked beef ribs
- 3 lb beef ribs
- 4 tbspn brown sugar
- 1 tbspn onion powder
- 1 tbspn black pepper
- 1 tbspn salt
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees with Hickory or Mesquite wood chips
- Trim extra fat from the ribs. Make sure to leave some fat on
- Mix all the rub ingredients and rub beef ribs with it. Place in to your preheated smoker fat side down.
- Cook for 2-3 hours. Add more chips as needed.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.