This post may contain affiliate links.
This hearty and satisfying Instant Pot 15 bean and sausage soup will be cooked in under 30 minutes!
Instant Pot is a perfect kitchen gadget for cooking winter soups. I make soups at least twice a week and love how the broth turns out each time!
For this 15 bean and sausage soup i browned the sausage for an extra flavor ( keep in mind that you brown sausage first, cook, and only then slice- i did slice it before browning and it turned out pretty crumbly, but still yummy!)
More instant pot soup recipes readers love
- Instant pot split pea soup
- Instant Pot butternut squash soup
- Instant pot beef vegetable soup
- Instant pot beef and barley soup
Instant Pot 15 bean and sausage soup
- 1 cup 15 bean soup mix (rinsed and soaked overnight)
- 12 oz italian sausage (i used sweet but spicy is amazing too!)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups any broth of choice
- 2 cups water
- 10 oz swiss chard (chopped, without a stem )
- 2 tomatoes (cored and chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Turn on SAUTE setting and add oil. Once smoking, add sausage and onions. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme. Add broth, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Turn off SAUTE setting and push on SOUP function, Add beans. Lock the lid and adjust to 25 minutes under high pressure. Quick release.
- Open the lid, take the sausage out and slice, put back in pot. Add chard and tomatoes, SAUTE for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add more salt and pepper if needed
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe