This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
My babies helped me making this delicious healthy blueberry date banana yogurt mini muffins (sugar free!), filled with fresh local berries (that we picked the day before ) and sweet pureed dates as a sugar substitute.
It’s officially a blueberry season in the valley and since we live in a town that is surrounded by farms, sure we were the first customers on our local u-pick farm that is just 15 min away!
Kids were exited and we ended up driving home with 10lb fresh blueberries that took us about an hour to pick.
The idea of picking your own berries is wonderful , so we are coming back next week for some cherries too!
Would love to say thank you to our local Modesto area Ott Farm. You guys are the best!
Healthy blueberry date banana yogurt mini muffins
- 10 large dates
- 1 cup fresh blueberries frozen will work too
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk or any nut milk
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray your mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine dates and milk. Let it soak for 15 min, add yogurt and blend until smooth. Pour in to a large bowl
- Add an egg and mashed banana(or you can just cut it really thin). Mix well. Add vanilla
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing gently. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin cups. You will have bit left, i recommend just to make a couple pancakes with that, while you waiting for your muffins 🙂
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for ~5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You will also like this recipes: