Juicy tender beef ribs perfectly cooked in your smoker! I used electric smoker for this recipe, used a flavorful rub and slowly smoked till perfection. Fall of the bone ribs recipe for your Masterbuilt, Traeger or any charcoal smoker!
Smoked beef ribs rub
Rub for this smoked ribs is very simple. I dont like to use lots of ingredients in my rub, just a few will do the work- onion powder, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, paprika.
The spices flavor will not be overwhelming and at the same time beef ribs will get a nice spice touch.
Smoked beef ribs in electric smoker
Its very easy to use electric smoker for all your meat. Its convenient and works as well as charcoal smoker.
When i was buying electric smoker, i was deciding between Traeger and Masterbuilt. They both do the job well, but i went with the cheaper one. Masterbuilt is more affordable.
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees
- you want to place ribs fat side down in to your electric smoker, to make sure that extra fat will drip down.
- Cooking time is about 2-3 hours. They are not going to falling of the bone really, but that’s how we like it
- Serve it with your favorite side dish!
Do you trim the fat off beef short ribs?
If ribs come with a lot of fat, like the one showed on the fat, you really want to trim it. It makes rib meat so fatty , it makes it hard to eat to enjoy.
So i prefer to trim the fat, but make sure to leave some on, it will help to prevent meat from drying out.
Try my other smoker recipes readers love!
- Perfect smoked brisket-so juicy!
- Easy smoked whole chicken
- Smoked cajun chicken quarters
- Smoked orange chicken
- Smoked baby back ribs-VIDEO!
- Applewood smoked turkey breast
Stay tuned with my constantly updated electric smoker recipes page!New smoker recipe every week!
Smoked beef ribs
- 3 lb beef ribs
- 4 tbspn brown sugar
- 1 tbspn onion powder
- 1 tbspn black pepper
- 1 tbspn salt
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees with Hickory or Mesquite wood chips
- Trim extra fat from the ribs. Make sure to leave some fat on
- Mix all the rub ingredients and rub beef ribs with it. Place in to your preheated smoker fat side down.
- Cook for 2-3 hours. Add more chips as needed.