A bit spicy, a bit sweet- just one right balanced homemade roasted tomato salsa recipe!
Beautiful salsa dip for your corn or pita chips, easy to make and oh so easy to eat.
Try it with friends when watching favorite sport! I would say you need to multiple the amount of salsa to please a big crowd. For a small family midday snack the amount is just fine.
I prefer to make salsa in my Vitamix blender, but just about any blender will work!
If you prefer a chunky style salsa, pulse it a few times and that’s it, no need to blend.
You may also like Slow cooker pulled pork party dip (aka chili) and Caramel cheesecake dessert hummus
Homemade roasted tomato salsa
- 6 medium size tomatoes
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 2 tbspn chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Slice tomatoes in half and put it on the oven sheet along with garlic.
- Turn broiler ON in your oven. Put the sheet in the oven for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are roasted ( garlic will start turning brown)
- Place chopped cilantro, lime juice , tomatoes and garlic in the blender and blend for a few seconds, until reaches desired consistency.
- Pour it in to the bowl. Add chopped onions and jalapenos, if using. Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with corn chips