This post may contain affiliate links.
Dont know what to do with Cornish hen? Make a delicious Cornish hen ramen in you instant pot! So good and so easy! Perfect recipe for your ramen noodles!
I stopped counting how many amazing soups i can make in my instant pot! An endless list! Here is just some of them:
- Old fashioned beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot ( STEW)
- Instant Pot 15 bean and Sausage soup
- Instant pot chicken noodle soup
- and a roundup of my favorite soup recipes at all time Amazing 7 INSTANT POT SOUPS you need to try.
How to make Ramen in the Instant Pot?
- You need to start with the quality meat or poultry. Today i chose Cornish hen. Cornish hen is a particular breed of chicken about a third of a size with the same exact taste. It works the best when you cook Cornish hen for a small family or just for children, its small and can be eaten all in one time easily.
- Place the Cornish hen in the Instant Pot, it will fit perfectly! Then fill it with about 10 cups of water, add spices and cook for 30-35 minutes. quick release.
- The broth will rich and flavorful. Now you want to take the hen out and shred it or separate it in is mall pieces. Watch out for bones, they tiny!
- Decide what do you like in your ramen. I prefer to have soft boiled egg, egg noodles, corn, zucchinis ( this is my personal preference) and lots of chopped herbs. Of course you can make it more traditional!
Make sure to check on this Best Instant Pot Accessories list!
Ir you want to use chicken instead of cornish hen here, use half of the chicken. Cooking time remained the same.
Cornish hen ramen in instant pot
- 10 cups water
- 1 cornish hen
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can corn
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- 1 zuchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 lime
- hot sauce and fresh ground pepper to taste
- cilantro and scallions
- Wash your Cornish hen. Pour water to instant pot. Add Cornish hen. Add bay leaves
- Close and lock the lid. Set on 35 minutes manual. Quick release. Take the hen out and shred.
- Set you Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add Oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce. Add sliced zucchini (if using). Cook for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile cook 2 eggs in the boiled water for 7 minutes. Dip into iced water and then peel.
- Also meanwhile cook ramen noodles according the package directions. Open and drain corn
- Now its time to plate your soup. Add ramen noodles to the bowl. Add a spoon of corn. Add broth and place egg on top. Sprinkle with sliced cilantro and scallions. Add lime
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.