This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy moist pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips made from scratch! Great for breakfast or take them to work with you or put into kids lunch box. Freeze well and taste fresh!
We love pumpkin in our house, especially me. I am not a big fan of making pumpkin puree from scratch, but i will never walk by canned pumpkin in the store without buying a couple. You may like my other pumpkin recipes: Easy pumpkin pie, Pumpkin pancakes recipe, Vegetarian pumpkin soup, Pumpkin bread, Chewy pumpkin cookies, Pumpkin waffles recipe
Pumpkin muffins ingredients
- Pumpkin puree. I use canned but you totally can make it from scratch from the fresh pumpkin
- Flour. All purpose flour is ok
- Brown and white sugar
- Eggs. Use large eggs
- Pumpkin spice mix. Again, you can separately add cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg or use a premade spice mix from the store
- Vegetable oil. I used olive oil but sometimes i bake with avocado oil
- Chocolate chips. Use semi sweet chips, they will balance the sugar in muffins
How to store pumpkin muffins
Once they are cool you can put them in to the ziplock bag and place in the fridge for up to one week. They are delicious cold too, so moist! I dont reheat them.
Freezer instructions. You can use same ziplock bag or use a plastic container. Make sure to leave some space between muffins when freezing. This way they will not get stuck together. Freeze for up to 5 months.
Can i frost them and serve as cupcakes?
They are soft and fluffy and sure will be a perfect base for cupcakes. frost them with simple white buttercream and make a party!
The best pumpkin muffins
Trust me, this is the best pumpkin muffins recipe i tried so far. Muffins are moist, and soft, and airy at the same time. They only get better the next day! Try them today and leave a comment below!
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. You can use a stand mixer too. First, beat the eggs with oil and sugar. Then add other ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Prepare muffin sheet. Scoop batter into 12 muffin paper cups , make sure they are only 3/4 full because dough will rise. Bake for about 22 minutes.
- muffin pan
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.