Sticky, sweet, tasty caramelized orange chicken that is so full of citrus flavor! Try it today!
In a last few weeks i already tried to make:
and everything was a hit! Not only here, at Berry&Maple, but at my house too. My toddlers were running around kitchen, waiting for their delicious lunch. I even packed leftovers for my daughter preschool, and i know she will enjoy it without even warming up.
I love to use chicken breast in this recipe, but thighs will work well to. Oranges are locally grown, from California. I know its not easy to find local produce, especially in winter time, when farmers markets are closed till spring!
Caramelized orange chicken
- 1/2 from whole chicken breast (cut in small chunks)
- couple baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 orange (cut in chunks)
- 1 orange (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brwn sugar
- olive oil for the pan
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions to the skillet and stir, cook for about 3 minutes until very fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and chicken and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until browned on all sides.
- Switch heat to medium-low. Add orange juice, orange pieces, brown sugar and soy sauce. stir and cook for about10-15 minutes until sauce thickened.
- Once done serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Berry&Maple!