This post may contain affiliate links.
Your next favorite Air fryer recipe- loaded baked potato! Easy and full of flavors, great meal for any time of the day, from breakfast to dinner. Weight watchers 7 smart points dinner.
The crunchiness of bacon and scallions is something I was craving for, the creaminess of sour cream mixed with delicious baked potato- now I call it a fantastic dish!
Can you cook baked potatoes in the air fryer?
Absolutely yes! They come out to soft and delicious.
One of my kids favorite dish when we eat out at our local BBQ place is loaded baked potato. Usually it comes with a choice of a smoked meat, but at home we keep it simple and easy- with bacon and made in the Air Fryer!
Cheesy potatoes in the Air fryer
I love to add lots of cheese to my Air fryer baked potatoes. You can add cheddar, Monterrey jack cheese, any kind of Mexican shredded blend or any sharp white cheese if you like.
When we talk about cheese in my house, we love Parmesan the most. You can add it here too! In this particular recipe i used cheddar though, because it melts so well and bright in color.
Honestly, you don’t have to be a perfect cook to enjoy amazing dishes made in your Air fryer. Its so easy to use!
How do you make air fryer loaded baked potatoes
- First get some really good big russet potatoes
- Poke them several times with the fork and place in the preheated air fryer
- Once done, make a cut and add some yummy shredded cheese inside. Put potatoes in to the air fryer for another minute or so, until the cheese melted
- Take potatoes out and add all kind of toppings, to make it really loaded!:)
Toppings for loaded baked potatoes
- crumbled cooked crispy bacon
- a good dollop of sour cream
- chopped scallions
- more shredded cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced jalapenos
Also here you will find a great gift guide of best Air fryer accessories, that will help you make even more delicious meals (great GIFT to yourself!)!
More Air Fryer recipes readers love!
- Air fryer roasted asparagus-perfect healthy side dish!
- Perfect Air Fryer Salmon fillets -cook from frozen if you want!
- Air fryer meatballs
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Best Air fryer Steak -this one has a video!
- Air fryer crispy bacon
- Air fryer hot dogs-this recipe has a video too!
Air fryer loaded baked potatoes
- Preheat Air fryer to 400F. Wash potatoes and poke it with a fork a few times. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Add potatoes to the air fryer. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until soft.
- Make a cut in the middle and add shredded cheese. Place back to the air fryer and cook for additional 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Carefully take cheesy potatoes out. Now its time for toppings- add you favorite! Sour cream, chopped bacon or whatever you like!
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.