This post may contain affiliate links.
You will love this healthy moist weight watchers pancakes with apples and banana. Could be a completely make ahead recipe so you can enjoy it on the go.
MyWW green plan 4 points, blue plan 4 points, purple 4 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
Last week i was thinking of a new pancake recipe i can create, that would be weight watchers friendly and will have minimum smart points on each plan. I really love an idea of adding bananas to any kind of pancakes, they are naturally sweet and very soft. They melt in a pancake and taste almost like caramel.
Apples are another zero point ingredient, It adds a little crunch and texture to the pancake. If you prefer smooth consistency, just mix all the ingredients in the blender. Pulse a few times or blend completely.
Additionally i would recommend to use a good amount of cinnamon. It will add a bit spiciness and a more interesting flavor. My kids are not really excited about lots of cinnamon so i didn’t add it this time.
What you will need for myWW apple banana pancakes
1. Whole wheat flour. Its a better and healthier option to white all purpose flour and has less calories.
3. Non-fat Greek yogurt. Yogurt is a great source of protein and its less calories if non fat.
4. Honey. Pure organic honey is the way to go. I buy mine on farmers markets or sometimes there is an option to buy an organic local honey in Costco. When in season, local farms have a great selection.
5. Applesauce. Use unsweetened applesauce to lower your point count.
What apples and bananas to use
To lower sugar, i would use a sour or semi sweet apple varieties like Granny Smith. But dont worry if you only have sweet apples, use them.
Bananas. Regular store bought bananas are the best option. Lately i have seen a smaller banana variety, they are more nutritious but also sweeter.
I am expanding my library of weight watchers recipes from my site with points calculated for blue plan, green and purple plan. Stay tuned for more recipes and subscribe to new recipe updates:
Healthy Weight Watchers apple banana pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 apple finely chopped
- 1 banana finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. If prefer smooth pancakes, blend the pancake dough in the blender.
- Cook over medium heat on the nonstick pan on both size until nice and fluffy.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.