This post may contain affiliate links.
When you think of a nice fresh crisp salad, what comes to your mind? Probably some freshly picked cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, crispy onions or shallots, delicious avocado and lemon juice. Well, its all here. And a little bit more.
Honestly I am not a big fan of feta cheese. Especially of a crumbled one. Dairy companies put too much cellulose dust in their packages to prevent feta from sticking in to one big piece and it taste gross( and unhealthy too)
If i cant find any real feta in blocks, i buy Queso Fresco! Lovely smooth taste and creamy consistency makes it a great substitute for any feta cheese.
Queso Fresco fresh salad
- 2 Medium size tomatoes
- 1/2 Yellow onion
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Large avocado
- 3 oz queso fresco cheese or use as much as you want
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tspn Balsamic vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Thinly slice bell peppers . Cut tomatoes in small pieces. Peel cucumbers if needed and cut in half lengthwise and then slice thinly. Slice onion.
- Cut avocado and cheese in cubes
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste .
- Place all the ingredients in to a medium bowl , mix well with the dressing
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.