This post may contain affiliate links.
Kentucky Mule cocktail is a delicious twist on a classic Moscow Mule recipe. Made with bourbon instead of vodka, this festive drink will be perfect for a party
What is the difference between Moscow Mule and Kentucky Mule?
Moscow Mule is typically made with just three simple ingredients, lime juice, ginger beer and vodka.
Well. Kentucky Mule is also made with three ingredients, freshly squeezed lime juice, ginger beer and… bourbon! Super easy!
More Moscow Mule cocktails variations
- Mexican Mule. Made with tequila, ginger beer, lime
- Gin Mule. Made with gin, lime, ginger beer and mint
- Irish Mule. Made with Irish whiskey, ginger beer and lime
- Rum Mule. Made with bitters, rum, ginger beer and lime
All these Mule recipes variations become really popular in the last few years. Served in copper mugs, this cocktails strated to stand out.
The taste of Kentucky Mule is so refreshing and crisp, it quickly became my favorite Mule cocktail.
Tips for making good Kentucky Mule Cocktail.
1. Use only high quality bourbon.
2. Choose large ice cubes over small cubes or even crushed ice. If you are planning to slowly sipping on a cocktail, you dont want ice to melt and dilute the cocktail.
3. Dont use a premade store bought lime juice. Squeeze it right before serving, the difference in flavor is huge!
Kentucky Mule cocktail
- 2 oz bourbon
- ginger beer chilled
- juice of 1 lime
- Add ice to the copper mug. Pour bourbon and then chilled ginger beer over. Squeeze one lime on top. Garnish with lime peel and fresh mint leaves.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.