Fantastic combination of juicy orange, creamy ricotta and tart cranberries make this pancakes a perfect festive breakfast dish.
Do you like that incredible delicious smell of fresh pancakes?
Holidays inspired me to add some orange zest to the ricotta cheese dough and it tasted so well and balanced together. And the smell of fresh cut oranges always reminds me of my childhood and cold winter months, when the snow is falling on the streets and its so warm and cozy home with parents.
I added some orange zest here for a color too. My toddlers love to explore their food and cut it in little pieces before ready to put in the mouth. Oranges didn’t color whole pancakes but gave them an interesting orange tone with orange speckles. My kids loved that.
Cranberry sauce. Very easy to make and great for breakfast too! When in season get a lot of fresh cranberries at your local store and freeze right in the bags( or wash and dry and then freeze). Make your own cranberry sauce all year around!
Ricotta orange pancakes with cranberry sauce
Orange ricotta pancakes
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix (optional)
- 1/2 orange zest and juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancakes in the mixing bowl.
- Spray with oil spray your pancake pan. Cook pancakes , flipping on the other side once light brown.
- Meanwhile boil water and sugar in a small pot. Add cranberries and cook on low for about 10 minutes. Let cool
- Stack pancakes and cover with cranberry sauce!
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe