Easy homemade pumpkin pancakes for your next breakfast! Not only for the fall, this recipe has lots of warming spices, enjoy in the morning, on the go or put in your kids lunchbox.
These pancakes are fluffy, moist and so full of fall flavors. I am excited each time i make them, so kitchen smells fantastic and that bright color make you feel a little bit happier on a cold gloomy morning. Pmpkin is available is stores all year around, which make it very easy to cook this pancakes any time you want.
Fluffy pumpkin pancakes ingredients
- Flour. All purpose works well
- Brown sugar. Light or dark work equally great
- Pumpkin pie spice mix. there is no need to use a mix if you have all the ingredients separately: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- Milk. Whole milk or any plant milk will work (like almond, soy…)
- Vegetable oil. I used avocado oil, olive or canola will work as well.
- PUMPKIN PUREE. Finally we made it to the main ingredient. Pumpkin should be good quality and not watered down. Homemade or canned
What else can i make with pumpkin puree:
- Moist pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin pie recipe
- Vegetarian pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin chocolate chips muffins
- Breakfast pumpkin cookies
I usually make a double batch of pumpkin pancakes and freeze leftovers wrapped in plastic or foil, or add them to my kids lunchboxes.
What are our favorite toppings? We like to drizzle pancakes with some pure maple syrup. If i have whipping cream in the fridge i make fresh whipped cream. Chocolate syrup will be delicious here with some chopped pecans or walnuts.
This is the best pumpkin pancakes recipe that I have being using for years. Enjoy!
Easy pumpkin pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix egg, pumpkin, milk and oil in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan. Melt some butter and scoop about 1/3 of a cup into the pan for each pancake. Cook for about a minute on each side or until you will start seeing little bubbles forming.
- stack cooked pancakes and top with butter or maple syrup