This post may contain affiliate links.
Try this super easy and delicious homemade strawberry sauce recipe on your pancakes, angel food cake, cheesecake or as is! Just three simple ingredients and ready in less then 20 minutes.
MyWW green plan 2 points, blue plan 2 points, purple 2 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
What could be better than homemade strawberry sauce cooked in your own kitchen, especially when berries are in season? We love it just as much as my blueberry sauce , so juicy and delicious.[feast_advanced_jump_to]
Expert tips and advice
- The sauce will be delicious if you will use fresh, ripe and bright strawberries. I like to buy mine at farmers market or in the store when in season. The taste of the sauce depend on the taste of the strawberries you choose to use.
- If you want to get the best color and flavor, don’t skip on the lemon juice in the recipe. Squeeze your own juice from the lemon instead of buying a premade one.
- Dont overcook the sauce otherwise it may become mushy and will lose its color. I like to add more fresh strawberries right by the end of cooking time so there is a little bite to it.
Why do i divide strawberries in two portions when cooking? I prefer to have an extra bite to my sauce that’s why i add more fresh strawberries half way through the cooking time. If you prefer the sauce to be on a soft side, add all the strawberries to the pot in the beginning.
The other reason is that i like how glossy and bright colored the strawberry sauce become when fresh strawberries added in the middle. Keep the slices thin or chop them, either way will work.
Ways to use the sauce
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy the strawberry sauce! Start with adding some on your morning pancakes as is or try to mix it with whip cream. Same with waffles, what a perfect topping.
Mix the sauce with plain yogurt to create a strawberry yogurt. Add some mashed banana or chocolate for an extra flavor.
What about using the sauce in cheesecake or angel food cake? Its always best to use homemade sauce in such recipes. Healthy and simply delicious.
The strawberry sauce can be stored in a fridge in a mason jar with a lid for up to one week. Use a clean spoon each time you are getting a scoop.
This sauce also can be frozen for a couple months. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
More strawberry recipes you may like:
Easy homemade strawberry sauce
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squized
- Wash. remove stems and slice strawberries as thin as you want. You can chop them if prefer. Place half of the strawberries in the medium size pot.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and stir to combine
- Turn the heat on and gently boil ingredients for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add the rest of the strawberries and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Let cool and pour into a mason jar to store.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.