This post may contain affiliate links.
Perfect breakfast air fryer cheese quesadilla with leftover chicken! Great quick recipe that is very easy to make , kid friendly and even a beginner can make it. So nice and cheesy!
This recipe doesn’t really needs lots of instructions or step by step photos. Its so easy and made in less than 10 minutes!
How to make chicken cheese breakfast quesadillas
- Tortillas. We love to use flour tortillas for our quesadillas, they are great and stay fresh for a long time. If you prefer corn tortillas- go for it.
- Cheese. I used shredded Mexican blend cheese that i get in bulk from Costco. Cheddar cheese will work as great, or Monterrey Jack
- Chicken. I used leftover rotisserie chicken here, but you can totally use any other chicken- grilled or even boiled from the soup. Make your own air fryer rotisserie chicken if you want!
When you make a quesadilla in the air fryer, you need to know that the top tortilla part may blow away and get stuck to the heating element on top.
To prevent that from happening, use a rack to push it down a bit, like it shown in the picture below.
I really loved how our breakfast turned out. Crispy on the outside and so cheesy and gooey on the inside.
This quesadilla will make a great party appetizer too. Cut it up in small pieces and serve with guacamole or sour cream dip! Yum!
I also have lots of Air fryer party recipes for you too look at.
Grilled cheese in the air fryer is also a really great and easy way to start your day. Kids love it and it takes no time to make.
If you are looking to meal prep, you definitely need to precook this quesadilla (don’t cut it yet). This way the cheese will work as a glue that will help for it not to fall apart while reheating. Then place it in the plastic bag and put in the freezer.
When needed, simply put frozen quesadilla in the preheated air fryer and let it cook on 350 degrees for about 3 minutes on each side. Watch it, the reheating time varies depending on the thickness !
Did you try any of my air fryer recipes? Please leave me a comment below. Thank you and enjoy!
Air fryer chicken cheese quesadilla
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup precooked chicken diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Add one flour tortilla in to the air fryer. Top with cheese and chicken. Spread evenly.
- Top with the seconf tortilla. Place a metal rack on top to keep it from moving.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes, flipping half way
- Slice and serve
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.