This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This recipe will show you how to cook the best juicy air fryer steak. No mess, no splashing oil, just tasty beef steak ( use sirloin or ribeye or any other favorite cut of meat) for your next dinner. Keto, Paleo, low carb, weight watchers 4 smart points per serving.
Making steak in air fryer
Did you actually now you can make a steak in the air fryer? I was surprised when i learned that the steak made this way is so juicy and delicious and its perfect every time! What air fryer model do you own? Nuwave oven? Power air fryer or Cooks essentials air fryer? This recipe will be perfect in any of these models. I personally use the Gourmea Air fryer and never had a problem with it. I even cooked an Air fryer Whole chicken in it!
I am looking into investing in to Philips Air fryer simply because i need a second one.Its getting hard to cook all the food i want at once in just one basket. I want more! UPDATE: Well, my gourmia 5 qt digital air fryer broke last week. It was cooking some fried chicken and just stopped working in the middle of the process. It served me well for years so i am not upset. Getting a new one this week!
What kind of steaks to use in air fryer?
For this recipe i used 2 medium size rib eye steaks. They have just right amount of fat and perfect for even a beginner cook. Once done, you will get very juicy tender steaks with lots of flavor. Sirloin steak has a less fat and its very important not to overcook it so the steak stays juicy and delicious.
How do i cook steaks in air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- Wash and pat dry your steaks with paper towel
- I don’t like to add extra spices on my steaks, i use only freshly ground pink salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add generously from both sides
- Place into your air fryer basket. Make sure they don’t overlap. Cook until your desired doneness. (Information on that in the recipe notes)
Reheating steak leftovers instructions: To reheat the steak in the air fryer, turn on your air fryer and heat it to 400 degrees. Place steak in the middle of the air fryer basket and reheat for about 3 minutes. It will be as juicy and crispy as the day before!
Air fryer steak bites recipe: Beside cooking the whole steak in the air fryer, you can easy make air fryer steak bites for a quick easy meal. Just cut your steak in cubes, add you favorite spices (i usually add just salt and pepper) and place in the air fryer in one layer. Cook for about 4-6 minutes, depending on the size of the bites.
Air fryer steak time and temp
I recommend to use a thermometer to ensure the perfect desired doneness of your steaks. Cooking time mentioned below is approximate.
Rare: Average cooking time- 8 minutes in total (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 125–130 °F
Medium-Rare:Average cooking time- 10 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 130–140 °F
Medium:Average cooking time- 12 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal medium Steak Temperature: 140–150 °F
Medium-Well:Average cooking time – 14 minutes (flip half way through), thats one i cooked!
Internal Steak Temperature: 150–155 °F
Well-Done:Average cooking time- 16 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal well done Steak Temperature: 160+ °F
More fantastic air fryer recipes readers love!
- Airfryer Salmon salmon fillets, cook them from fresh or frozen
- Air Fryer fish and chips classic recipe for a pub favorite but without extra fat
- Air fried Oreos sweet dessert for you and your kids
- Air fryer meatballs easy homemade juicy meatballs recipe
- Air fryer bacon so crispy!
- Air fryer burger easy ground beef burger recipe
Full list of my healthy air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes! Check it out!
Best Air fryer steak
- 2 medium size rib eye steaks
- salt ad pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Wash and dry your steaks with paper towel.
- Use whatever spices you usually use on steaks. I only used salt and pepper. Generously add those on both sides.
- Place steaks in your air fryer. Cook according to the notes in the post. For medium well for example is about 14 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Take them out, place on a cutting board and wrap in foil. Let them rest foro about
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.