This roasted eggplant and tomato salad will surprise you with the fresh and delicate flavor.
For this dish I used freshly picked eggplants and tomatoes(from my friends summer house garden). Nice crisp flavor is something I always enjoy from the backyard veggies. Especially when you know it’s 100% organic!
You don’t need to roast eggplants for too long, just about 20 minutes will be good enough for them to become soft and easy for peeling.
Roasted eggplant and tomato salad
- 5 medium size eggplants
- 5 ripe juicy tomatoes
- a small bunch of Italian parsley
- 1 Tspn Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tspn Salt
- 1 Tspn Sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash eggplants and cut them in half. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with coconut oil. Cook in a oven for 20 minutes. Let to cool off
- Peel the skin off the cooled off eggplants and cut them in small cubes
- Cut tomatoes in small cubes as well. Mix veggies in a large bowl. Chop parsley and add to the salad.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar and olive oil in a cup and pour over the salad. Mix well
- Enjoy this salad with grilled meat, fish or chicken !
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe
Thank you and Enjoy!