Mexican shrimp and crab ceviche
Try this delicious refreshing shrimp and crab ceviche, so good as a side dish or appetizer. A mix of flavors you will love.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup raw peeled shrimp chopped
- 1 cup imitation crab chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3 limes or 2 lemons
- 1/2 onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Juice lime or lemon in a medium size glass bowl. Add shrimp and crab and stir.
Add all other ingredients. Mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips or on tostadas.
- Do not use metal or plastic bowl for this dish. Citrus can react with metal and give your ceviche a bad taste. Same with plastic.
- You can anjust the heat by adding more or less hot peppers. Also you can remove the seeds to make it taste milder.
- Lemon is ok to use instead of lime
- Try to use freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice in this recipe. Do not use the bottled one, ceviche will no taste the same.
- To get the most juice out of lime, roll it on the table before cutting.
- Red onion is milder then yellow onion. Use the one you like more.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 1017mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 3mg