Juicy zucchinis and white rice, delicious chicken thighs… what a perfect combination! Sprinkle with some cilantro and the dinner is ready!
An easy one pot dinner that will not disappoint you!
I got fresh zucchinis and cilantro from our local farmers market in Modesto. Love that place! Every Saturday i drive kids there and we always have a great time and leave with a lot of full bags!
Who doesn’t love one pot dinners? Easy, no mess and almost no dishes to clean. What a deal!
I cooked this one pot chicken thighs and zucchini rice for a dinner for a family of 4(me, my husband and 2 toddlers), and we had plenty leftovers for the lunch next day! It will also work great as a meal prep or a lunch to school or preschool( just cut the meat of the bone first).
One pot chicken thighs with zucchini rice
- 4-5 chicken thighs
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- olive oil for cooking
- chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 tspn oregano
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place them skin down into the heated pan with about 1 tspn of oil. Fry on medium high for about 3-5 minutes(don't let the skin burn). Once the skin is nice and crispy set thighs aside
- In the same, now empty skillet, sear sliced zucchinis( don't slice them too thin or they will be mushy) and chopped garlic, for couple minutes.
- Once zucchinis cooked, to the same pan add 2 cups of water or broth, about half a tspn of salt and oregano and rice. Mix well
- Carefully on top of rice put chicken thighs and cook on low with the lid closed for about 20 min, until the rice is cooked ( follow your rice cooking directions)
- When the rice is done, remove chicken from the skillet and stir the rice. (SEE NOTES) Place thighs back to the pan and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
You will also like this recipes:
- Butternut squash kale linguine
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo with meatballs
- Beef stir-fry with asparagus