Today i am opening a new category on my food blog- non vegetarian main course! I am so excited and already have a few recipes to share with you. We will start with this delicious glazed meatloaf with sweet potatoes and green beans recipe.
For me, pretty much any meatloaf recipe reminds of a traditional Russian meatball, we call it “kotleta”. The only difference is that we sear kotleta on a pan with oil, but meatloaf it baked in the oven. Just that one little difference puts meatloaf in to a healthy category.
Its also very important what you garnish your meatloaf with. Ideal will be fresh vegetable salad with just an olive oil dressing and a pinch of salt. But if you prefer your garnish to be a cooked meal- mashed sweet potatoes and green beans is definitely a great choice! Try this delicious combination and let me know what you think in the comments!
Glazed meatloaf with sweet potatoes and green beans
- 12 oz ground beef grassfed if possible
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 8 oz green beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- a little bit of fresh parsley
- 1 onion
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- grate garlic and onions,chop parsley and mix it all with panko and ground meat in a large bowl. add 1tspn of salt. Form 2 meatloafs and place them on a prepared oiled sheet.
- Make the glaze- mix ketchup and vinegar and brush it on your meatloafs.Place the sheet in to the oven for about 30 min
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes , put them in a boiling water and cook for about 10 min until tender. Drain and mash them right in the pot. Add 1 tbsp ob butter
- After meatloafs baked for about 15 min, in to the same sheet add trimmed green beans, mixed with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. bake for additional 15 minutes
- Serve meatloafs on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes and green beans on the side
You will also like this delicious recipes:
- Butternut squash kale linguine
- Beef stir-fry with asparagus
- Rotisserie chicken strawberry salad with miso dressing