This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheesy and creamy Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes made with Parmesan cheese, butter and cream. Very easy and quick recipe for your pressure cooker.
Today we are going to make cheesy dreamy mashed potatoes right in your Ninja Foodi! All you will need is some potatoes, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cream.
Best potatoes to use
I usually go simply with russet potatoes because they are more common and more affordable. But when i feel fancy I use Yukon yellow potatoes or small red potatoes. For Russet, i always peel the skin, If you go with smaller potatoes, you can leave the skin on , it will be delicious.
How many potatoes can i pressure cook at the same time
The 6.5 Ninja Foodi (that what i use) can probably fit about 5 pounds of potatoes. They need to be chopped or quartered to fit right. The cooking time doesn’t change no matter how many potatoes you put in the pot.
Tips for creamy mashed potatoes
- Use fresh young potatoes if possible. You will see the difference in the texture an possibly taste.
- Use a stand mixer if you are in rush. Be careful though, over whipping will cause potatoes to become gluey and will not help with small lumps
- Add more shredded cheese for more intense cheese flavor. You can mix different kinds of cheeses. Shredded cheddar cheese will make mashed potatoes to change its color to yellowish.
Mashing potatoes in Ninja Foodi non stick pot
You can not use metal potato masher in your Ninja Foodi. It will scratch and destroy your non stick inner pot. Just don’t do it. If the metal masher is all you have, dump potatoes in another pot once they are cooked and mash the there.
Another option is to use a food processor or plastic (or silicon )masher. Ricer or food mill will work great too!
Of course the best is to eat mashed potatoes fresh. If you have any leftovers. here is the easiest way to reheat them. I use microwave as s quick and mess free method. Cover the dish with mashed potatoes with a lid or a plate. Put in the microwave oven for 3-5 minutes. Once reheated, stir and add more cream and butter to make them creamy again.
Got leftovers? Try this Irish potato pancakes
Creamy Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes
- 2 lb russet potatoes
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Add one cup of broth or water in the inner pot. Place air frying (or if you call it steamer basket) on top. Fill it with peeled and chopped potatoes.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and cook on manual for 8 minutes. If using more potatoes keep time the same. Quick release and open the lid. Drain the broth from the bottom of the pot and dump potatoes back into the pot. This option works only if you have a ricer or plastic (or silicon)potato masher. If all you have is a metal potato masher (like me), dump potatoes in different pot or metal bowl so its safe to mash.
- Now its mashing time! Start with mashing potatoes using your favorite method. Add butter and Parmesan cheese. Slowly add cream and seasoning. Fluff it and serve.
- Butter should be room temperature for the best results.
- If possible grate Parmesan or any other cheese yourself.
- For fuller and more rich flavor use heavy cream instead of half and half.
- Serve same day, preferably right after its made.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.